As an attempt to create an English speaking environment in this school, a new programme has been organized by the English panel. A Word A Day programme which inspired by the honourable principal, Tuan Haji Zaimi bin Abu Bakar has come into a phenomenon in BRASS since January 2014. It is indeed a fruitful programme to all. It aims to enrich the students' vocabulary which is beneficial in both speaking and writing. The programme is run every day by the English teachers. It is truely very informal yet a fun way learning!
The nature of the programme is simple.
- A word (with its meaning and sentence) will be delivered by a student during the daily assembly (Monday - Friday).
- Spelling of the word will be shown simultaneously.
|Some of the teachers who enjoy participating in the programme|
- Other students are required to note down the words.
- The word for the day will be written on a special board that all students will be able to learn the word for the day.
- A quiz will be held at the end of each month whereby a few students will be picked at random to spell (and give meaning) the words that they have obtained throughout the month.
|Pn. Rosaliza, the Head of English Panel, with a student|
- Classes take initiative to make a word board which reminds them the words that they have learned everyday.
|A good word board in 5 Etika|
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with deeper meaning. Not only the students are affected, the teachers seem interested to speak English among themselves! Good work will produce a good result.
Bravo English Panel!